Thursday 26 November 2009

The Thick of It - British TV at it's best

This is the best thing on TV at the moment.

Armando Ianucci's political piss-take is right up my street in every way. It exposes the cynicism, spin and reactionary 'let's please middle England' nature of modern politics. But the best part is the dialogue. This is a one-stop-shop for all your scathing, pithy put-down needs. This clip covers one of my favourite lines from Series 1 (still the strongest series, although the current series, showing on BBC 2 on Saturday nights, is racking up the quotables week in, week out).

Since I saw this, I've wanted to say "you just took a shit with your clothes on" to my wife when the moment was right, but then I realised she usually comes to me admitting she has just taken a shit with her clothes on. She has a problem...

No comments: